Wage and Hour Lawyers in California
The Law Guarantees You The Right To Fair Wages
While these standards change, one thing is clear – the law is there to protect employees from unscrupulous employers. Whether it’s failing to pay you all your wages, to not being provided with proper breaks, not being reimbursed for your business expenses, unlawful background checks, or improper wage statements, employers throughout California regularly engage in wage theft and steal time from you without compensation. We at Potter Handy are here to help you.
Please contact our law firm immediately if your employer has done any of the following:
- Classified you as an independent contractor
- Deducts money from your paycheck for any reason
- Failed to pay you for all hours worked within 24 hours of termination or lay-off
- Failed to pay you for all the hours you worked, including time spent for bag checks, booting-up or booting down computers, putting on protective clothing and/or gear, and other de minimis time
- Failed to pay you overtime, or failed to pay overtime at the correct rate, such as failing to include commissions into the overtime premium rate calculations
- Failed to provide you with a complete and accurate paystub so you can determine whether you were paid correctly during the pay period
- Failed to reimburse you for work-related expenses including cell phone charges, mileage, home office expenses, and travel costs
- Paid you a piece-rate basis or commission basis, but did not pay you for non-productive time, such as administrative time or rest periods
- Paid you less than minimum wage in California
- Prevented you from taking an uninterrupted meal break or any of your rest breaks – or required you to perform job duties during your meal or rest break
Please note that this is just a wage and hour law overview. Even if some of the laws listed here have not been violated by your employer, you may still have a claim. Contact our firm for more information, we are here to assist you.
California Employment and Labor Law Attorneys
Seek legal assistance from our California Employment and Labor Law Attorneys if you want to make sure you are able to claim California wage and hour compensation as well as seek compensation for unpaid wages, civil penalties, and interest.
Call (415) 534-1911 or email us to schedule a free, confidential consultation.