Astroworld Personal Injury Attorney in Texas
Representing Wrongful Death and Injured Victims of the Astroworld Tragedy
On Friday, November 5, 2021, Nine people were killed and hundreds injured at Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival in Houston, Texas, at NRG Park.
Nearly 50,000 individuals attended the Astroworld music festival, around 9:30 p.m. the sold-out crowd had “began to compress toward the front of the stage,” which caused mass panic and hysteria and led to numerous accidents and injuries.
- Fears about crowd safety had been raised before this year’s event. A security plan obtained by the New York Times addressed several areas of concern.
- “Based on the site’s layout and numerous past experiences, the potential for multiple alcohol/drug related incidents, possible evacuation needs, and the ever-present threat of a mass casualty situation are identified as key concerns,” the document read.
- Before Scott took to the stage, local news teams filmed fans bursting through gates and bypassing security checkpoints.
- The city’s police chief also visited the star in his dressing room to convey concerns about the energy in the crowd.
Travis Scott’s Past Incidents
The rapper is known for his chaotic performances and has already been accused of inciting violent behavior in the past.
- In 2015, Scott was charged with disorderly conduct after encouraging fans to ignore security and rush the stage.
- Two years later, he spotted a fan hanging from a venue’s second-story balcony and tried to persuade them to jump. At the same concert, a 27-year-old fan was paralyzed after being pushed off a third-floor balcony.
- In 2019, hundreds of fans rushed the Astroworld barriers, three people going to hospital with minor injuries. Police wrote on Twitter that the event was understaffed and that “promoters did not plan sufficiently for the large crowds”, although the statement was later deleted.
- November 5, 2021, Nine people were killed and hundreds injured at Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival in Houston, Texas, at NRG Park.
*At least two criminal investigations are underway into the deadly stampede which took place on the opening night of the Astroworld music festival in Houston, Texas.
The local police investigation is still ongoing and is looking into “what caused the issue of the crowd surge and what prevented people from being able to escape that situation.”
Houston authorities say the criminal investigation into the deadly crowd surge could take weeks. Several lawsuits have been filed against Scott, the entertainment company and others.
Astroworld Lawsuit – Texas Personal Injury Lawyers
If you’ve been injured while attending the Astroworld festival, you need a personal injury attorney to help make sure your rights are protected.
But finding the right lawyer can be difficult. There are many different types of lawyers, and it’s hard to know which one is right for you.
Potter Handy Law Firm offers experienced legal representation in all areas of personal injury law including accidents, medical malpractice cases, wrongful death claims and more. We have helped thousands of clients just like you get fair settlements or win their case at trial. You don’t have to go through this alone – call us today!