California Child Sexual Abuse Attorney
Representation for child sexual abuse victims in California
If you or a loved one has been the victim of childhood sexual abuse, you may be eligible to file a civil lawsuit against the person who committed the abuse, as well as against other people or institutions responsible for allowing such abuse to occur and continue.
Our attorneys handle cases of child molestation, sexual assault and sexual abuse committed by:
- Daycare workers
- Scout leaders
- Religious leaders
- Police officers
- Health care providers
- Foster parents
- Neighbors or relatives
- Other youth workers
Call (800) 383-7027 or email us to schedule a free, confidential consultation.
Effects of child sex abuse on victims
The effects of childhood sexual abuse have been well-documented. Aside from the physical harm – there is much evidence that the psychological and emotional trauma can last for years, and potentially a lifetime.
According to the National Center for Victims of Crime, children who have been sexually abused may:
- Revert to regressive behaviors (bed-wetting, thumb-sucking, requiring a night-light, etc.)
- Develop performance or behavior-based problems at school
- Develop anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress, or other mental health conditions
- Be more likely to be re-victimized by another abuser at a later date
- Have difficulty developing and maintaining healthy relationships (sexual or otherwise) as adults
Confidential, Free Case Consultation
At Potter Handy, LLP Law Firm, our California child sexual abuse attorneys can evaluate your case, determine all of your available legal options, and help you obtain the compensation and justice you deserve. Let us help you bring closure and make the abusers pay for their crimes.